Aurora Productions is seeking Production Managers to join our experienced, tight knit team. Ideal candidates are highly organized and motivated, with familiarity of commercial theatre practice and procedure. Experience as a Production Manager, Technical Supervisor or Technical Director is required as is experience with a union work environment.
Production Managers would work with Aurora’s principals on technical oversight, focusing on the bid process, shop build and load in into the theatres as well as labor contracting, budgeting, scheduling and supervision for multiple productions each season.
Previous experience in production, stage, and/or facilities management is required.
Working understanding of the operations of Carpentry/Rigging; Automation; Lighting; Sound; Props; Costumes.
Aurora Productions is committed to fostering diversity in the workplace. Please send cover letter, resume, and three references as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “PM Search 2021 - WEB” in the subject line.
Aurora Productions is currently accepting Production Management Internship candidates for the 2022 / 2023 Broadway Season. The internship runs from late spring or summer 2022 until late spring or summer 2023. The position will include training and observation both in the theatre and in the Aurora Office. An Aurora internship experience is a great opportunity to be introduced to the collaborative process of putting together a Broadway show and to see how a Broadway Production Management office operates.
Interns gain extensive hands-on experience alongside some of the most notable names in Broadway theatre. The interns immerse themselves in all aspects of Production Management.
Fields of Experience Include:
- Production scheduling- setting goals and communicating to Production Teams
- Budgeting and bidding of technical elements
- Theatrical build processes - Labor planning, budgeting, and onsite supervision
- File system organization, generating production books
- Maintenance of running productions, including: ordering production supplies, processing Purchase Orders, upkeep of show files
- Collaboration among creative, fabrication, and administrative offices
- Unique considerations in Broadway, Off-Broadway, Touring, and Not-for-Profit environments
- Day to day operation of a Broadway Production Management office, including supporting Business Affairs Manager and Director of Communications on office based duties
Candidates should be organized, motivated, and excited to discover the ever-changing tasks that come up during the course of a Broadway season. Candidates should have a background in production management, stage management and/or technical supervision, but an interest in growing your skill set and natural curiosity is of paramount importance. All candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office particularly Excel. File Maker knowledge and familiarity / experience with union (IATSE, USA, AEA) agreements a plus.
To apply, please send a PDF of cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please include “INT AUR 2022/23” in the subject line of your email.